What is the Gift Aid Scheme?
It is a government scheme designed to encourage donors – who must be UK taxpayers – to sign a declaration form so that all their donations to the charity (R.C. Archdiocese of Southwark) can be treated as gift aid donations.
For every £1 you give, your parish will get back an additional 25p from HMRC. This comes from the taxes you have already paid! So, it is not an additional donation from you, and it will not cost you any extra. To qualify, you must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that the charity reclaims on your donations in the tax year.
In order for our parish to benefit in this way:
– You must complete a Gift Aid Declaration form – downloadable from this web page – and return it to the parish.
– Your contributions can be of any amount and frequency, but must be easily identified as coming from you.
– You can pay online directly into the parish account, or set up a standing order with your bank – account details in the Standing Order form downloadable from this web page. Ensure you provide your name (initial and surname) when paying through the bank, so we can identify the payment.
– Alternatively, we can supply you with a set of numbered gift aid envelopes for you to place your cash donation into the weekly collection at Mass.
If you wish to join the scheme, or have any questions, please contact our parish Gift Aid Coordinator, Teresa Chance, via the parish office.
Please remember to notify the Parish if you
- change your name or home address
- no longer pay sufficient Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax
- want to cancel your Declaration.
Click below to down load the Gift Aid Form, and Standing Order Form, respectively.